Gardiner & Theobald are producing a weekly COVID-19 Construction Update which looks at the latest facts and figures within the construction industry. The report focuses on key areas such as supply chain, pipeline, contractor news, commodities and materials, the UK and the global economy.
The most recent report dated 15 April 2020 highlights:
- That some sites have re-opened after adjusting/assessing welfare and method statements to ensure compliance with CLC’s SOP.
- There are early signs of a tighter/more competitive tendering environment with fewer new projects coming forward.
- Contractors are asking for specific COVID-19 clauses to be written into contracts.
- Construction development pipeline demonstrates that longer term opportunities remain.
- The BEIS has told manufacturing to keep supply chains moving, making it clear there are no restrictions on continuing under the current rules.
The full report from Gardiner & Theobald can be downloaded here.