Gardiner & Theobald are producing a weekly COVID-19 Construction Update which looks at the latest facts and figures within the construction industry. The report focuses on key areas such as supply chain, pipeline, contractor news, commodities and materials, the UK and the global economy.
The most recent report dated 12 May 2020 highlights:
- Government actively encourages industry to return to work but acknowledges capacity will be limited
- Restarting operations will require control measures informed by a proper risk assessment
- Limited availability of certain specialist materials continues to impact project progress
- Supply chain resilience critical for any recovery
- Most work in pre-construction is currently proceeding as planned
- Invitations to tender and contract awards expected to make a partial recovery with phased easing of lockdown restrictions
The full report from Gardiner & Theobald can be downloaded here.