Urban Exposure Limited of 1 Hamilton Mews, London W1J 7HA (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect about any individuals from our clients or third parties (“You”). Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We have put in place a number of measures to ensure that any personal data we obtain from you is processed and maintained in accordance with accepted principles of good information handling and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), collectively referred to as the Data Protection Regulations.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Regulations, the data controller is Urban Exposure Limited. You can contact us at the address above or by telephone on 0845 643 2173 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Information we may collect from you
For processing of personal data to be lawful, we are required to tell you the basis or bases on which we will process your personal data. Urban Exposure considers the processing of personal data to be necessary in order to determine whether to enter into a contract with You or any company run by You or with which You are associated and for the performance of the contract with such company.
Urban Exposure also has a legitimate interest in promoting its products or services to its clients where we believe these may be of interest to You. Further details are given below in the marketing section of this notice.
We will collect personal and financial information about you when You provide us with data and information over the telephone, when you send us documents, when you send us a paper application form or forms on our website or from any third parties (including your Broker), when you apply for a loan or request other products or services from us and when we access information held by credit reference agencies about you. This will include your name, address, date of birth, employment and financial history.
In certain circumstances it may be necessary to process an individual’s sensitive personal data, such as matters relating to health, where it has or could have an impact upon the individual’s ability to manage their obligations to Urban Exposure. We will only do this if we have the individual’s specific consent and to enable us to administer the loan in the most appropriate way.
- Uses of your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To verify your identity and credit standing with credit reference agencies and to enable us to consider and process your application for a loan. Please note that credit reference agencies may place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders.
- To assess your credit history and confirm any other relevant details.
- To detect, prevent and investigate actual and potential fraud and related activities.
- To collect unpaid loans and debt that may be owed by you to us.
- To contact you in connection with your enquiry.
- To help us administer and service your account with us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
We may also use your personal data to develop, manage and market products and services to meet your needs and to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. We may contact you by SMS, post, e-mail or telephone unless you have told us that you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us. We will not sell or otherwise share your personal data with third parties, other than as stated within this privacy notice.
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing at any time by either selecting the ‘unsubscribe option’ within any email communication or by writing to us at
Urban Exposure Ltd.
1 Hamilton Mews
- Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to the following:
- Our auditors, solicitors, professional advisors, sub-contractors, third party processors or any person providing services to Urban Exposure Limited or who are involved in the loan application, who have agreed to treat your personal details as confidential in accordance with the provisions of Data Protection Regulations.
- Any funders of Urban Exposure Limited or any proposed or actual third party involved in any mater relating to the administration of your loan with us who has agreed to keep the details confidential.
- Any person where such disclosure is necessary to enable us to ensure that your obligations under any loan agreement with us is being complied with and to ensure that any security given in connection with any loan is not at risk.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties from time to time for the following reasons:
- In the event that there is (or is to be) any change in ownership of our business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective or new owners so that they may continue to operate our business electively and continue to provide services to our customers. This may include new shareholders or any organisation that may take an assignment or transfer of any agreements we have entered into with our customers.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (including with any government agencies or regulators) or to exchange information with other third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Credit reference agencies
Where applicable, we will share the personal data of directors and other associated individuals including any guarantors to the loan with the Credit Reference Agencies to validate the identities and other information provided in the application form. This will help us make the best possible assessment of your overall situation before we make a decision to make a loan to You. By submitting your application to us, You authorise us to make an enquiry to credit reference agencies regarding your credit behaviour.
We may also disclose information about your transactions with us (including any defaults) to credit reference agencies who may keep a record of that information. If you provide us with false or inaccurate information, we will record this and may also pass this information to financial and other organisations involved in fraud protection to protect us, them and our respective customers from theft and fraud.
You may also contact the credit reference agencies operating within the UK to obtain further information about what information they hold about You. Please contact us and we will provide You with their details.
- Retention of your personal information
The length of time we retain your information will depend on the purpose for which the information was provided. In general, however:
- We will keep the information that is necessary to enable us to manage your account and provide you with a service that you have requested for as long as it takes us to provide that service.
- We will keep records of any transactions you enter into with Urban Exposure, including information relating to loan accounts held by you for a minimum period of six years. This is to allow us to respond to any complaints or disputes that may arise during that period.
- We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
Please be aware that credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies who we have transferred your data to in accordance with this notice, may also retain your information for a minimum period of six years.
- Data Security
At Urban Exposure Limited we make your safety and security a top priority and are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. Where we collect personal information from you, we will protect that information with controls based upon recognized security standards, regulations, and industry-based best practices.
- Telephone calls
When you telephone us, we may record and retain your call for training and monitoring purposes.
Your rights under GDPR
- Access to information
The data protection regulations give you the right to access information held about you called a Subject Access Request. Please contact Urban Exposure Limited at the address provided at the beginning of this section if you wish to seek such information.
We will provide your information to you free of charge and within 30 days of receiving your request.
We may be entitled to extend this to two months if the request is particularly complex or involves numerous requests. We may also be permitted to charge a reasonable fee if a request is deemed to be manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- Right to rectification
You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure
In certain circumstances you may have the right to have your personal data erased, for example, if you believe it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected. If we are unable to accede to your request for any legal or regulatory reasons, we will tell you why.
- Right to restrict processing
You may have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your data for a certain period of time. For example, if you contest the accuracy of your personal data you can ask us to restrict processing until the accuracy of the data has been verified.
- Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to your personal data being processed for marketing purposes.
- Right to lodge a complaint
If you believe we have breached the regulations, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org.uk